Who We Are
Plenty is a not-for-profit organization that was created to help protect and share the world’s abundance and knowledge for the benefit of all. Plenty supports economic self-sufficiency, cultural integrity and environmental responsibility in partnership with community groups and organizations in Central America, the U.S., the Caribbean, and Africa.
Since 1974, hundreds of Plenty volunteers have worked in 19 countries on projects such as organic agriculture, food production and nutrition, cooperative businesses, solar energy, communications, health care, disaster relief, Fair Trade crafts marketing, and ecotourism.
A NEW BOOK!
The Roots of Plenty: Tales from the “hippie peace corps!”
A collection of amazing stories by the young idealists who served as Plenty volunteers in countries across the world.
Click here to order your copy!
What We Do
- Assist community groups in projects promoting local food, water, energy, health and economic self-sufficiency.
- Advance nutritional programs based upon environmentally sound plant-based diets.
- Assist communities in disaster relief and recovery efforts.
- Provide educational opportunities and experiences for young people to expand their environmental and cultural awareness and encourage healthy life choices.
- Support medical programs that encourage local control and responsibility for community health, such as Primary Health Care and Midwifery training.